creativeLIVE…Boats and Flowers and Chandeliers, Oh My!

I was fortunate enough to appear on creativeLIVE to teach a 3 day course about my workflow in May this year, and it was one of the highlights of my life. Everything from the people who gave me so many hugs, to the ability to reach a larger audience with messages of inspiration, were so meaningful to me. I released a blog post all about the experience of teaching live before, but I failed to release one picture that I knew people were waiting for.

Well, ever since May I’ve been working on this picture on and off. It proved to be a very difficult image to edit. I am used to working in 100% natural light, but given that there was a big film crew surrounding me, they had to have certain lights on to broadcast. That meant that I was working with part natural light – they did turn off as many as they could – and part unnatural light. Editing was a bit of a journey for me in figuring out how to work around that challenge, and it ended up being a great lesson!

Even though I had a harder time with it, I was glad to have bumps to flatten and holes to fill. It is nice to be challenged in unexpected ways sometimes, and I’m glad that I stuck with the image long enough to see its completion.

Enormous thanks to everyone who tuned in or bought the course, my gratitude cannot be contained in words, so I’ll do my best to give hugs as I make every earthly attempt to meet everyone in person one day.

To see the creation of this image, you can purchase my creativeLIVE course here! You can also watch me as part of Photo Week at creativeLIVE on September 17th! And stay tuned for more creativeLIVE collaborations this year, plans are in the works…

1. Julie Belton (Perez) | August 18, 2013 at 7:50 am | Permalink

Yeaa Brooke! I love how this came out. I can totally relate with the struggles of editing un natural light, but of course you rocked it as always. <3 you!!!!

2. Andrzej Gunther | August 18, 2013 at 8:02 am | Permalink

So lovely! i remember this on CL.
    You should put some shadow of the Chandeliers on the Wall. :D

3. Alexandra Banti | August 18, 2013 at 9:02 am | Permalink

Wonderful picture ! I wish I could meet you one day, you inspire me a lot, you are such full of creativity ! Keep it up , I whish you the best :)

4. Lana Thomas | August 18, 2013 at 9:10 am | Permalink

I LoveLoveLove this image Brooke! Thank you for sharing.

5. Paulo Carvalho | August 18, 2013 at 1:29 pm | Permalink

Beautiful work! I really like! As I loved the workshop you gave on CreativeLive. keep going the good work and congratulations.

6. H. Michael Roberts | August 18, 2013 at 10:57 pm | Permalink

I watched every minute of the course, a lot of it more than once. The completed image is quite a transformation. Thank you for sharing your creative process. I hope to see you there beyond September.

7. John Lee Maverick | August 19, 2013 at 5:54 am | Permalink

First thing to pop up into my mind when I saw the final picture was this painting you may be familiar with : ‘The Lady of Shallot’ by John William Waterhouse. I’m not totally sure why, though. Anyway, fantastic job, as always.